Friday, March 23, 2012

Hunger Games: Smoke and Ashes with Luxe and Lush

I'm so excited to see The Hunger Games!  I am going tonight with some girlfriends and have begun my preparations for the evening.  My mom gave me the book set that came with a  Mockingjay pin as an early birthday gift…yes I'm a nerd and yes I'll be wearing the pin to the movie.  I also found a video tutorial on how to make a Katniss braid.  I will attempt that as well.  Of course I have a good portion of the China Glaze Capitol Colours collection.  I've already tried a few and have liked them all.  But for tonight I will be representing District 12 by wearing Smoke and Ashes.  


Smoke and Ashes is a beautiful black base with glittering green and blue sparkles inside.  The glitter gets slightly lost in the base, but in the light you can see it glowing under the black.  You can also see it indoors if you look closely at your nail.  I used 1 coat of Smoke and Ashes (yup, ONE coat!) and it applied beautifully.  I decided to bling it up by layering a coat of Luxe and Lush on top.  Luxe and Lush is a fun iridescent flake in a clear base.  I'd say it's the flakie counterpart to Snow Globe.  The only issue I had was the flakies wanted to clump at the tip of my nail so I had to paint slowly.  Luxe and Lush looks green, gold and orange layered on top of Smoke and Ashes.  I guess this is my nail version of The Girl On Fire.


Are you going to see The Hunger Games?  More importantly, what District will you represent on your nails when you go?










7 comments:

  1. I love this combo! I have Luxe and Lush, but not Smoke and Ashes....I think I have Stone Cold. It's the one that's a gray that dries matte from the Hunger Games collection. However, I like the way that your combo looks FAR better than the two I put together!! I'm glad that I came across your blog from two other recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks smithzoo! I really like the way this combo came out! I like Stone Cold too!

      Delete
  2. i want these bdly bt thy r not launched in india yet :(... joined ur blog .. plz join mine http://crazypolishes.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't really crazy about Luxe and Lush but you made change my mind! I love how it looks here! really stunning!!
    and wow, for the Mockingjay pin!! I want one :D
    I'm also super exciting to see the movie! I should have gone this weekend but things came up and I couldn't;_;

    And I'll have to look up at this tuto to make a Katniss braid!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Did you see the movie yet? What did you think? I loved it!!

      Delete
  4. I really like Smoke and Ashes, it's so unique!

    ReplyDelete