Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Nails

Last night I had my first mani/pedi in a reeeeealy long time.  It was so nice to get out of the house alone and spend adult time with some of the great women in my MOMS Club.  I picked gold colors for my toes; OPI Glitzerland, a mellow gold and topped it with Deborah Lippmann Here Comes the Queen, a pretty glitter/flakie in different shades of gold.  It's very subtle and very pretty.  Very much a shade I sport frequently.  


But on to my fingers, right?  I hope you don't mind, and I won't do this often but it had been such a long time since I had my nails cleaned up, shaped and painted in a salon that I let the nail technician paint the first coat for me.  I promise I went home and finished up the mani myself though!  


Here's the first layer, Essie Pretty Edgy.  It looks like a dusty green in the bottle but turns out to be a perfectly bright (but not too bright) springy green.  I have on 2 coats.  I think one more would have evened it out nicely - can you see some of the bare patches on my ring and pinky fingers?  That's ok because it's getting covered with fun!



Next up I layered it with a coat of Sinful Colors Green Ocean.  This pretty little lady hails from Walgreens for the unbeatable price of $1.99.  It's a really nice green flakie with some gold, blue and purple color flashes when you move the bottle or your nails around.  All those colors definitely showed up on my nails.  The flakies came out a bit clumpy in spots but for the most party smoothed out well.  There are only a couple nails that I can actually feel a raised flakie bump but that's ok because you can't see it.  I used 2 coats.




And finally I decided to get some gold on my nails too!  I added a coat of Inglot 207.  A beautiful gold, almost rainbow-y holo glitter.  Lots of flashy color in this mini glitter…I see red, orange, blue, green.  It's gorgeous!  It really added a nice touch to my manicure.  It has the tints little brush which is easy to use and went on super smooth.  I used one coat.  I am also trying out a new topcoat, inm OutTheDoor.  Does anyone have an opinion on this brand or another topcoat I should try?  PS - I don't like Seche Vita for the shrinkage factor.








I hope you liked my first nail post!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty!!! Love the gold touch. Happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete