Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Nails

I'm no artist so I don't do nail art.  But I did want to wear something festive for Easter.  Like everyone else I think of pastel colors, dyed eggs, candy, Easter basket grass, stuffed bunnies and the like.  I found this fun bar glitter polish at Walgreens the other day and it made me think of basket grass.  I pulled out a few different polishes to see which would look best with the bar glitter - I tried green , turquoise, purple. But I liked pink the best.  


I used OPI  Pink Friday from the Niki Minaj collection.  It's a creamy bubblegum pink - the most Barbie-ish pink I own.  When I look at it all I can think of is the lipstick Niki Minaj wears.  I used 2 coats of Pink Friday.  The first coat is a little streaky, the second evens out well.  As I said before this pink is very creamy, it does not look chalky at all like some pastels do.  I then put 2 coats of Sally Hansen Into the Spotlight.  It's a fun bar glitter that flashes rainbow colors.  I used 2 coats and while I like it, I wish more glitter was on my nail.  I can't imagine how many coats it would take to get dense coverage like Ciate Jewel (which I would LOVE to own!).  Far too many I assume.  






No comments:

Post a Comment