Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bone Daddy + Immortal

Gorgeous, gorgeous!  I am so much in love with the Halloween polishes that came out this year!  Every indie maker really knocked it out of the park.  Even China Glaze, Wet N Wild and Sinful Colors had some nice offerings for the Halloween fans.  The 2 polishes I have on today are some standouts for me!  

I'll start with the base/undies: China Glaze Immortal.  Immortal comes from the Wicked collection that was recently released.  Immortal is a gorgeous medium grey with silver micro flecks and pink and blue shimmer.   It applied smooth and easily.  I used 2 coats for my full mani, then went back and added a 3rd coat to my ring finger nails to ensure that it was fully covered.  Very beautiful and unique color in my collection.

And now CrowsToes Bone Daddy.  I love the name (nod to Nightmare Before Christmas hero Jack Skellington), I love the theme and I love the color/glitter combo.  Bone Daddy is a light grey tinged base full of white matte glitters.  They vary in size and shape - bar, hexs, micro glitter.  There is also a sparse sprinkling of a glowy royal blue glitter and some glowy yellow glitter.  The blue does show up on the nail but I did not notice the yellow.  The blue glitters have an ethereal feel about them which I think is perfectly fitted to the polish.  The grey base didn't seem to change the color of Immortal.  The glitters were quite easy to get o the nail - no fishing, no placement needed.  A plenty good assortment came out with each dip of the brush.  I used 2 coats of Immortal, followed up by a coat of Gelous and then a coat of top coat.  

What are your thoughts on these 2 polishes?  Do you love or loathe the matte glitter?  You can get China Glaze at your local beauty supply store.  CrowsToes are available now at OverallBeauty - go get 'em while the getting is good!!









Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love Bone Daddy! For some reason, I still do not own a Crow's Toes! :o( Bad polish hoarder, bad!

    ReplyDelete