Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Candy Cornucopia + Romeo & Joliet

I have a super pretty Fall polish to share for my 31st "Halloween" post this month.  I can't believe I did so many posts…that was alot of work!  Kudos to the bloggers who do several posts a day and set themselves up ahead of time with prepared and scheduled posts, it's not as easy as they make it look, trust me.  

I started with OPI Romeo & Joliet.  R&J is a rusty red with red shimmer.  It's a different take on a vampy color and I think it's really lovely.  It will be a great Fall and Winter polish.  I used 2 coats for full opacity.  There were no application issues.  But this is an older OPI so if you love the color and see it in a beauty supply store I'd suggest snatching it up!  

I topped R&J with Girly Bits Candy Cornucopia.  Candy Cornucopia is sold under the name Candy Corn, but Pam is so awesome that she put a special label on my bottle with the name I suggested!  They are the exact same polish though.  CC is inspired by candy corn and reflects that in orange, yellow and white glitters.  Very fun combination!  I think it would actually be an adorable glitter to put over a gradient candy corn mani!  I got a good amount of glitter with each brush dip…a little more would have suited my tastes better.  I didn't have to dig for the yellow hexs - several came out on their own.  There are also small and medium squares, bars and teeny tiny hexs and squares to round it all out!  I used 2 coats and had smooth application.  I only needed to use topcoat, this was not a lumpy glitter polish.  

You can buy Candy Corn and other amazing Girly Bits through the web store here.  Be sure to follow the Facebook page and blog page to see what's in the works and new collections!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!








Pin It

1 comment:

  1. omg thats SO cute! loved it.
    xo, http://missycosmeticos.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete