Monday, October 8, 2012

Sea Witch + VooDoo

I've really been whipping through the Halloween polishes…believe me, there are more to come!  Because apparently I MUST HAVE ALL THE HALLOWEEN POLISH!!  Haha.   This combination mani is actually an older summer color and a brand new Halloween color.  

Starting with the undies…Wet n Wild Sea Witch.  My friend Michelle over at Emhkay Nails found a display of the Mermaid's Cove Collection which came out in the summer 2011.  So she kindly picked a few colors up for me!  Thanks so much Michelle - these colors are proving to be absolutely gorgeous!!  Back to Sea Witch.  SW is a jaw dropping polish.  It's a purple-blue (blurple) color with blue shimmer.  It went on very smooth and level in 2 coats.  I loved this color and plan to wear it again on it's own.  One thing I did notice was that it was ever so slighlty brush stroke-y.  So be cautions during application.

I then used 1 coat of CrowsToes VooDoo on top.  VooDoo was recently released and from what I gather will be available year round - not just for Halloween.  I adored VooDoo because it makes me think of New Orleans.  I love New Orleans (end of story).  This polish is slightly reminiscent of Mardi Gras for me as well as Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog.  VooDoo is a very fun mix of glitter shapes in 2 main colors: purple and orange.  I see hexs, bars and squares (the squares appear to be matte).  There is also a combination of teal, purple and orange micro glitter.   I didn't find VooDoo to be thick or difficult to use.  1 dip of the brush gave me a great amount of glitter as well as a varied assortment of shapes - no fishing necessary.  I used 1 coat of VooDoo, 1 coat of Gelous, 1 coat of topcoat to finish it off.  I was left with very glossy, smooth and shiny nails.  

Here's a pic of Dr. Facilier…does VooDoo remind you of him too?

You can't get Wet N Wild Sea Witch unless you happen upon a random display with older polishes or find it on ebay.  CrowsToes is available at etailers: Overall Beauty and Llarowe.







Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful combo! I haven't tried CrowsToes but Voodoo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! Great eye for a good color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it girrrl! It's really an amazing combo! And I'm convinced every polish color looks amazing on your skin tone. the end. Glad you like the Wet n Wilds :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Very nice, this is my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty combo! And just and FYI for anyone looking for the base color, it's a dupe for Wet n Wild Eggplant Frost which is part of the permanent collection.

    ReplyDelete