Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jewel Pink + Mele Kalikimaka

I'm going to start my post with this….bubble gum pink holo and multicolored glitter bomb!  Read on if those are a few of your favorite things!

I started this mani combo with Kiko 402 - also known as Jewel Pink.  JP is a wonderful polish!  Like I said before, it's a bubble gum pink holo.  The formula is not like any other holo I have tried.  It was actually creamy and highly pigmented.  It also covered like a creme.  No streaking problems at all!  I had almost full coverage with one coat.  I did the second coat to ensure no VNL when I held my nails up in the sunlight.  

Then I busted out my new bottle of Red Dog Designs Mele Kalikimaka.  MK is a party in a bottle!  Gina had this to say about her polish, "Hawaii is where it's always green and bright! Lovely teal ocean waters, white sandy beaches, beautiful rosy colored flowers."  Can't you just hear the waves crashing on the beach? I know I can and wish I had a pina colada in my hand!  MK is packed full of large and small matte white squares (beach).  There are also pink (flowers), teal blue (ocean) and green (palm trees, grass) hexs in varying sizes.  Lastly she put in a special touch - tiny micro glitter in coordinating colors.  The glitter came out of the bottle very easily and in plenitude.  I had no problems with stray glitter or things sticking up…everything lay flat and smooth on my nails.  I used 2 layers of topcoat to finish it off.

You can purchase Red Dog Designs Mele Kalikimaka at the store site.  Also be sure to follow the Red Dog Designs Facebook page for updates!







Pin It

1 comment: