Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hillbilly Love Lacquer Barefoot and Pregnant

I'm excited to share another new brand with you today!  Hillbilly Love Lacquer really is a new brand on the block having just opened up shop (on etsy) on February 9, 2013.   But Alisa, the creator behind Hillbilly, has been busy because she already has a shop full of fun colors.  I have a few to review for you but will start with Barefoot and Pregnant.

Barefoot and Pregnant it is a very sweet polish.  On the etsy listing Alisa describes it as, "a Sweet soft pink pearl with hints of white holographic glitter and medium matte pink glitter.  Sheer enough to layer over a darker color but worn by itself it's beautiful!"  She also recommends trying it for a fun and updated french mani!  I feel her description was perfect.  But I have to say what I liked best about this polish was the connotation behind it...is it not the most perfect baby girl pink polish for an expecting or new mom?  Or a cute gift for a baby shower?  I used 1 coat of B&P over 1 coat of Sinful Colors Cotton Candy.  I think the combination was perfect for a lovely pink mani!  B&P was easy to apply, there was no dragging or streaking.  The glitters came out easily and did not clump together.  Everything lay flat and smooth.  Because it's a pearly polish you are more likely to see brush strokes so I'd suggest painting slowly.  I used 1 layer of topcoat to finish it.  

So what are your first impressions of Hillbilly Love Lacquer?  I see alot of potential in this company and like that she has glitter in colored bases.  The polish names are fun too!  You can purchase Hillbilly Love Lacquer on etsy and can follow the Facebook page for product updates.

As always, be sure to give me a Like on Facebook too!





shade


shade

*this polish was provided for my honest opinion and review

Pin It
Instagram

1 comment: