Sunday, May 5, 2013

Alanna Renee Polish: Mardi and Black Cherry

Today I am bringing you a new Australian indie brand - Alanna Renee!  Have you heard of this brand yet?  I've seen pictures popping up in a few blogs, on Instagram and some online shops recently and I like what I've seen.  I was very excited when Color4Nails asked me to do some reviews and AR polish is what arrived in the mail!  Alanna Renee was founded in 2013 with the idea to combine the creators two loves, making polish jewelry AND nail polish!

Before I jump into the review here are all the social media links you will need in order to follow and purchase AR polish.  Since this is an Australian brand you will need to use a distributor and Color4Nails is the store you'll want to use!  Great prices and the owner Sisi is a doll!  
Color4Nails:  Facebook, Website (not up yet, but should be soon and this will be your shopping destination), Instagram - color4nails
Alanna Renee: Facebook, Website, Instagram - alannareneecosmetics

The first polish I reviewed was my favorite of the set I was sent.  Mardi is a gorgeous pink based polish with fine gold glitter and small purple and pink glitters.  I was worried that this was going to be sheer, so I used 1 coat of Sinful Colors Sugar N Spice on my accent nail to show a comparisson between Mardi alone and layered.  I absolutely didn't need to use a base color.  So unless you want to conserve polish you can skip that step.  I used 2 coats of Mardi and it built up beautifully.  I only used 1 coat of Mardi over my accent nail.  The formula on this polish was stellar!  Smooth and easy to spread on my nails.  And the color is really gorgeous.  1 layer of topcoat to finish it off.













This pretty lady is Black Cherry.  Black Cherry is a very nice looking polish but I had quite a battle with it.  After 3 attempts of searching for the perfect undies I chose to wear it alone to show off it's true consistency and color.  BC is a deep wine colored jelly base with black and red glitters.  The black glitters are micro glitter and can be a tad messy around your cuticle area.  I found that the less polish on the brush the easier BC was to apply.  If you use too much you will get pooling to the sides of your nails.  So remember, thin coats, wait until each coat is dry before applying the next and you should be good to go.  As you can see BC is very shiny and squishy.  I used 3 thin layers and no topcoat for the look shown below.  












*these polishes were sent for my honest opinion and review

Pin It
Instagram

3 comments:

  1. with the black cherry on it it looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Cherry is very pretty! I appreciate your honesty about the formula. I love knowing ahead of time if there are any special "tricks" to a certain polish.

    ReplyDelete