Monday, November 25, 2013

Painted Polish District 1

I'm back with a second post today!  A brand I haven't tried before but was very impressed with when I perused the booth at the Love, Preview event in Southern California.  Painted Polish is the creation of a nice gal named Lexi.  Lexi recently came out with the Hunger Games: Catching Fire Collection.  It's a fun collection named for the different districts in the books/movies and is packed full of pretty polish in an assortment of finishes from holo to jelly to glitter.  Of course I had to get the holo...the nude holo to be exact.  And I'm very glad I did because it's pretty fabulous!  You can purchase Painted Polish from HERE and the bottles range from $8 to $10.  You can also follow Painted Polish on Facebook and Instagram (paintedpolishbylexi).

As I'd mentioned before this polish is from the Hunger Games: Catching Fire collection.  It's named for it's inspiration which is District 1.  Lexi wanted to show off how District 1 is "luxurious and known among the districts of Panem for it's wealth."  District 1 is a "nude linear holographic with a sprinkling of iridescent hex glitter."  It definitely has a rich look to it and I love the combination of the soft linear holo and the iridescent glitters.  It's pretty and unique in my nude holo collection.  The hex glitters are almost invisible in the sunlight, but they come out to play in shaded light.  This color is classy and suitable for work or any other occasion where you might want subtle nails.  I used 3-4 layers of District 1 for full coverage.  The formula was a touch thick but not uneasy to work with.  I finished it with 1 layer of topcoat. 


*shade




Pin It
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. I love this whole collection, especially District 1 and Effie. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete