Thursday, February 6, 2014

piCture pOlish SPAM!

Good afternoon!  I wanted to try out my piCture pOlish that I hadn't given love to and found it really funny that 5 out of 6 were reds (well and a pink).  I have 1 blue (Paradise) but thought it would look funny in this post.  So I guess it turned into a "pick your Valentine shade" post!  I found all of these colors amazing and gorgeous and perfect both in formula and application.  So let's take a look at all these lovely piCture pOlish shades of LOVE.  


Up first is O'Hara.  HELLO gorgeous, bright and classy red!  I really loved O'Hara.  It actually might be my favorite of the post.  O'Hara is described as a "bright red crelly (creme/jelly) holographic (scattered) and has NO glitter."  I was absolutely smitten with the glowy holo shimmer against the red base - perfection!  I used 2 coats and no topcoat. 








Up next in the list is Dorothy.  Another fabulous red.  Dorothy is a beautiful strawberry-red with super sparkly silver micro flakies.  The amount of sparkle on Dorothy absolutely captures it's inspiration of those famous blingy red shoes.  I used 2 coats and 1 layer of topcoat.  









Moving along to a pink - Tease.  Tease, which I can't find on the pIcture pOlish website now might very well be a discontinued color?  Don't quote me on that.   Here we have a pink-berry shade with loads of silvery micro flakies.  This color and the flakies work so perfectly together.  I think if Marilyn Monroe in her sexy hot pink dress when I look at this color.  I used 2 coats of Tease and 1 layer of topcoat.  









Focus is a gorgeous "red/violet saturn creme with a stunning mix of silver/blue micro sparks."  This color is so rich.  The berry hue of Focus is very flattering and the "micro sparks" are very delicate so as to not overwhelm the base color.  I used 2 coats of Focus and no topcoat.  Though next time I would use topcoat because you can see the "micro sparks" have a but of a gritty look in my close up.  









Last but not least...my first pIcture pOlish and still my favorite.  Monroe.  The original jelly, vampy, holo shimmer Monroe.  The new version is the same color base - that blood red shade, but the new version is packed with holographic pigments.  Both versions are lovely, but the original just has that sexy boudoir vibe that I love.  Monroe is jelly perfection.  I used 3 coats of Monroe and no topcoat.  Look at that squishy, shiny, seductive polish!  





Pin It
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous shades! Love the shimmer in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all beautiful shades, but i can't wait to put an order for Monroe and O'Hara! :))

    ReplyDelete