Monday, March 3, 2014

Superficially Colorful Lacquer: Daring, Fascinated & Impulsive

Well it's late into the night but it's the first chance I've had to get this post ready to go.  Sometimes the life of a mom is hectic (but so worth it) and things that I plan to do get pushed t hte back burner.  I previously showed you the Remnants of Winter collection and some of the My Favorite Things collections.  Tonight I have 3 thermals from the Mood Swings collection.  Mood Swings is an awesome set of thermochromic (thermal) polishes that change with your body temperature.  They are fun and fabulous!  Now there have been a few posts featuring these, you can see some here at Things I Love at the Moment, and they are all shown with glossy topcoats. I chose to show you the thermals in their natural state, a glorious matte finish.  So you have the option of wearing them either way and the thermal change works with and without topcoat.  I'll say this about all three of these before their individual reviews, you will get full coverage in 2-3 coats, topcoat will bring out the shimmer more, and the color change happens easily on it's own.  Let's jump in!

Superficially Colorful Lacquer: Blog/Shop, Facebook 

Up first is Impulsive.  Impulsive changes from "a medium green with gold shimmer and green/gold glass micro flakies when cold to a bright lime green color when warm."  Both the warm and cold colors are lovely.  The formula and application were both great, I had no issues.  Jin does mention that they are thicker than most polishes, though I didn't find Impulsive hard to work with at all.  I used 2 coats and no topcoat.  





Fascinated turned out to be my favorite of this group.  Fascinated changes from "a dark cold purple with blue, violet and fuchsia shimmer to a medium cornflower blue/blurple."  Oh my word I adore both the warm and cold colors of Fascinated!   The formula was a little more sheer than the others but the application was wonderful.  I used 3 coats for full coverage and no topcoat.





Finally we have Daring.  I was immediately drawn to Daring because it's such a beautiful and happy polish.  It "changes from orange with a prominent red and gold shimmer and glass micro flakies when cold to a bright shimmery yellow when warm."  These colors together scream sunshine and summer to me!  Formula and application were both great.  I used 2 coats (though should have done a 3rd) and no topcoat.




*the polish in this post was give to me as a a gift*

Pin It
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. What great color changing polishes! I like Fascinated the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my favorite too! They look awesome with topcoat too!

      Delete