Monday, October 6, 2014

The Nail Junkie: Cornucopia, Pinecone, Marigold Apple, Cutie Drops & Cutie Balm

Good morning!  I have lots to share with you today and it's all about The Nail Junkie!  I know things have been quiet on the new product front, but rest assured that the current selection is still in full stock and readily available.  I have so many polishes from The Nail Junkie and they are all totally fantastic!  Aleta pays great attention to detail, making sure each polish is unique, of the highest quality and labeled with the cutest pictures.  Each Nail Junkie full sized bottle is $10 each.  Another special little touch is that every order comes with a free gift!  Isn't that awesome?  Well, I have a few Fall themed polishes to show off today so let's jump on in and look at them!  

*THE PRODUCTS IN THIS POST WERE A GIFT*

The Nail Junkie: Shop, Facebook, Instagram

Ok I might have been wrong - there IS a new product in the shop!  Gift Cards!  Aleta sent one my way so we could test it out and it was super easy to use!  The card will come with a unique code and after you load up your cart you simply follow the directions included on the gift card, enter your code and TA-DA, Nail Junkie polish is on the way to you!  If you were looking to send someone a gift and wanted them to get a little something they could pick out themselves this is the perfect way to go! 

The Nail Junkie Gift Card

This Fall beauty is Cornucopia.  Cornucopia, from the Fall 2013 collection is described as a "dense glitter polish made of micro copper holographic glitter."  GAH this is so lovely!  These fine micro glitters are perfect for wearing over a base color or you can build Cornucopia up to full coverage in 3 coats.  The formula and application were both fantastic.  Cornucopia dries to a slightly matte and textured finish so you will want to use topcoat.  I chose to wear it alone and used 3 coats and 1 layer of topcoat to keep it nice and shiny.    

*direct sun*
The Nail Junkie Cornucopia

The Nail Junkie Cornucopia
blurred to show that awesome holo sparkle!

The Nail Junkie Cornucopia

The Nail Junkie Cornucopia

The Nail Junkie Cornucopia

Pinecone is another gorgeous polish from Fall 2013.  Pinecone is described as a "dense glitter polish made of micro brown glitter."  Holy heck this is one spectacular brown polish!  Just as sparkly as Cornucopia, but the color is so rich and warm!  It makes me want to cozy up and a big fluffy sweater.  I loved the formula and application of Pinecone...great coverage and easy to work with.  This also dries to a matte/slightly textured finish so you want to use topcoat.  I used 3 layers of Pinecone and 1 layer of topcoat.  

*direct sun*
The Nail Junkie Pinecone

The Nail Junkie Pinecone

The Nail Junkie Pinecone

The Nail Junkie Pinecone

I picked Marigold as the third polish to get with the gift card.  I just couldn't resist this beautiful satin finish pastel that was added to the Pastel Collection earlier this year.  Marigold is described as an "orange pastel shimmer polish that dries to a powdery finish."  I actually think it's more of a peachy color but that could just be the way it looks against my skin tone.  Marigold has a great formula and applied very easily.  It does show some brushstrokes but if you paint carefully it shouldn't be an issue.  I used 2 coats of Marigold for full coverage.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  

*artificial light*
The Nail Junkie Marigold

*direct sun*
The Nail Junkie Marigold

The Nail Junkie Marigold

The Nail Junkie Marigold

The Nail Junkie Marigold

*shade*
The Nail Junkie Marigold

I added Apple to this review because I noticed I hadn't tried it on yet and well what's more Fall than apples?  So it all worked out.  Apple is from the Neon Shimmer Jelly Collection and is described as a "juicy neon green jelly polish...loaded with holographic shimmer."  It totally reminds me of a Granny Smith Apple!  I love the neon shimmer jellies from The Nail Jukie.  They are unique and bright and so fun to wear!  The light sprinkle of holo shimmer is just right!  The formula and application were both fantastic.  I used 3 coats of Apple and 1 layer of topcoat.    You could try a 4th layer if you really can't stand VNL.  

*direct sun*
The Nail Junkie Apple

The Nail Junkie Apple

The Nail Junkie Apple

The Nail Junkie Apple

Aleta also sent Cutie Drops and Cutie Balm.  I was already a huge fan of Cutie Balm and know I wonder how I ever survived without Cutie Drops in my life.  I am totally addicted.  Here's what the bottles look like.  You can pick up a .5oz bottle of Cutie Drops for $7.  Cutie Balm comes in 2 sizes; 5 gram for $4, 10 gram for $6.

The Nail Junkie Cutie Balm & Cutie Drops

Cutie Drops is a "special blend of fragrance free, dye free, hypo-allergenic dry oil that you apply directly to the nail after or in between polish changes.  The custom blend of vitamins and essential oils quench your cuticles and help promote growth."  But that's not all!  It also "helps to dry your polish and create a slick surface to prevent bumps and nicks in your polish."  It definitely does everything it says!  My nails and cuticles have been extremely moisturize after using this for a week. And it helps my manis dry much quicker than with other spray oils I have used.  One perfectly placed drop on each nail will do the job!  Here's a picture of the dropper.

The Nail Junkie Cutie Drops

Application is a snap with this precise dropper.

The Nail Junkie Cutie Drops

And this is what my cuticles look like after the oil has spread around my nails and absorbed into my cuticles.  I heard my cuticles say "aaahhhhh."  

The Nail Junkie Cutie Drops

This is what the 5 gram jar of Cutie Balm looks like.  A clear, scent-free, uber moisturizing balm.  Here's what Aleta had to say about Cutie Balm, " Cutie Balm is a hand blended cuticle balm that I myself created.  This is an ultra-healing, protective balm for your cuticles.  It is dye-free, fragrance-free and cruelty-free.  Cutie Balm is a custom blend of the following high quality, ultra-nourishing ingredients: Lanolin, Avocado Oil, Argon Oil and Vitamin E."  This is another fabulous product and every time I use it I feel like my cuticles are getting a luxurious treatment.  A little dab of Cutie Balm goes a long way so even the small sized jar will last a long time.  

The Nail Junkie Cutie Balm

I picked up a little Cutie Balm onto the front of my nail so you could see that it's clear.  The amount I have is way more than enough for both hands.  

The Nail Junkie Cutie Balm

This is what my cuticles look like after Cutie Balm has been rubbed in and absorbed.  My skin looks fresh and plump - totally hydrated.  

The Nail Junkie Cutie Balm

Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment