Saturday, June 20, 2015

Saturday Spotlight: Texture

Good evening.  Hope Saturday has treated you well.  Didn't really do much over here, a little running, a little tv watching, a little cooking, a lot of lazing around.  I really only wanted to leave the house for froyo, so maybe I'll rally the troops to make that happen soon and that totally just happened.  But I really do need to kick it in high gear to share my Saturday Spotlight with you!  For this one I decided to feature texture polish!  This became a trend about 2 years ago, but I still thoroughly enjoy a nice texture polish.  I like how they have a great matte finish and have a slight sandpaper feel.  Of course most have sparkly glitters or shimmer so that helps in my adoration towards texture polish.  So whether it's a fad or not, I still like the finish and will continue to buy new ones that I feel are pretty and unique.  Let's jump in to the post and check out some textures!

*nothing to disclose*

First is China Glaze Sand Dolla Make You Holla.  This came out last spring as part of the Sea Goddess collection.  This is a lovely whitish-pink full of dark pink, white and blue glitters.  The texture is a bit loose but it's still there.  The formula was easy to work with and I used 3 coats.  No topcoat. 
China Glaze Sand Dolla Make You Holla

China Glaze Sand Dolla Make You Holla

China Glaze Sand Dolla Make You Holla

China Glaze Sand Dolla Make You Holla

China Glaze Sand Dolla Make You Holla

Rimmel London came out with a set of texture polish (last year?) and the collection was called Sweetie Crush.  I think it was Soda Shop inspired.  I picked up a few because the soft pastel shades were nice and I liked the metallic finish.  This pretty yellow is called Sherbert Sweetheart.  The formula was a bit sheer but despite that I enjoyed the color, especially the golden shifty-iridescent glitters.  The one thing I would complain about was the wide brush, it was like a Dior brush but bigger and the texture polish saturated it more so it was wide and thick causing it to be a little difficult to manage.  I used 3 coats and no topcoat.  

Kimmel London Sherbert Sweetheart

Kimmel London Sherbert Sweetheart

Kimmel London Sherbert Sweetheart

Kimmel London Sherbert Sweetheart

Kimmel London Sherbert Sweetheart

Kiko also answered the call to texture polish (a few times) and released the Cupcake collection.  It's actually one of my favorite collections because the colors were so different.  I actually have the majority of this collection (and would love the rest!).  This one is 655, AKA Menta.  Yup, this color is definitely refreshing and minty, like a mouthful of Colgate.  It's full of blue and red glitters for added interest.  The formula and application were both great, very on par with all the other Kiko's I have tried.  I used 3 coats and no topcoat.  
Kiko 655 Menta

Kiko 655 Menta


Kiko 655 Menta

Kiko 655 Menta

Another great brand from across the pond that also threw their hat in the texture ring was Barry M.  The Royal Textured Glitter Collection (fancy pants name) came out in 2013.  Princess is from that collection and it's a soft pink full of gold shimmer.  It really screams princess to me, it brings up  memories of a satin pink princess gown with gold trim I wore one Halloween.  The formula and application were both great.  I used 3 coats and no topcoat.  

Barry M Princess

Barry M Princess

Barry M Princess

Barry M Princess

Barry M Princess

Ok ok, I was totally in love with this polish when I put it on!  It's L'Oreal I Like It Chunky and it's a coppery-orange dream!  It it going to be a perfect Fall polish.  It makes me think of caramel apples, or basically anything drenched in caramel.  Not only do I love the base color, but the gold and pink shimmers and gold glitter are just breath taking.  Also the feel is exactly what I have come to expect from a great texture polish.  Formula and application were both fabulous.  I only needed 1 coat for full coverage!  No topcoat.  

L'Oreal I Like It Chunky

L'Oreal I Like It Chunky

L'Oreal I Like It Chunky

L'Oreal I Like It Chunky

L'Oreal I Like It Chunky

And rounding out the post is the deep and vampy Chameleon Crush from IsaDora.  I wish IsaDora were easier to obtain, but I am very happy with the few that I have (all textures actually).  This is a totally gorgeous polish and the finest texture of all the ones in this post.  The colors are a deep purple with some green shift and loads of gold shimmer.  The first coat was sheer but it built up perfectly in 3 coats.  No topcoat used.  

IsaDora Chameleon Crush

IsaDora Chameleon Crush

IsaDora Chameleon Crush

IsaDora Chameleon Crush

IsaDora Chameleon Crush
Pin It
Instagram

1 comment:

  1. This color looks good , its really awesome if applied nicely.
    Appointbox

    ReplyDelete